SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Manages general accounting functions including general ledger maintenance, revenue accounting, and accounts receivable, as well as associated analysis and reporting. Evaluates and makes improvements to accounting processes while ensuring that practices comply with organization accounting policies and applicable laws and regulations. Directly leads, develops and manages accounting professional and support staff. Ensures that project/department milestones/goals are met and adhering to approved budgets. Has full authority for personnel actions.
• Manage the daily activities of sales analysis, pricing maintenance and analysis, and accounts receivable.
• Assign projects and direct subordinate supervisor(s) and staff to ensure compliance and accuracy.
• Coordinate financial modeling for sales and pricing strategies and business development
• Lead the annual budget process by engaging Directors and Managers and assisting to develop budgets.
• Share the responsibilities for the monthly, quarterly and annual financial close process
• Provide fluctuation analysis for various components of gross margin.
• Support technology strategy by assisting with the implementation through testing of new processes and systems.
• Improve systems and procedures and initiate corrective actions
• Interact with external auditors and provide various analysis and audit schedules and work to ensure compliance with all internal control procedures
Responsible for managing investment in six full time team members. Direct reports: Supervisor Indirect Reports: Three (3) Account Receivable Clerks.
• Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
• Interviews, hires, mentors, motivates and trains assigned team members;
• Plans, directs, and coordinates work within assigned functions
• Assesses performance and addresses performance issues and complaints.
• Identifies educational and skill enhancement needs and ensures needs are met.