The Credit & Collections Supervisor reports to the General Accounting Manager. The Credit & Collections Supervisor is responsible for the overall planning, organization, and execution of all credit and collections functions as related to accounts receivable.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Establish, monitor, and maintain policies and procedures to ensure complete collection of all monies due the company from trade accounts receivable.
• Monitor the delinquency of all trade accounts receivable and initiate collection procedures as appropriate.
• Administer processing of new customer applications, obtaining responses from customer-provided credit references and assess the credit worthiness of new customers.
• Set-up and maintain customer cards and customer bill-to addresses within the computer system.
• Establish and maintain customer payment terms and credit limits, striving to balance the desire to grow the volume of business with acceptable credit risk.
• Monitor and administer the processing of debit/credit memos for billing and shipping errors to ensure that all errors are resolved on a timely basis.
• Monitor and administer the processing of cash receipts to ensure that customer payments are posted against trade accounts receivable on a timely basis and that payment discrepancies are investigated and resolved.
• Monitor and approve the processing of all write-offs or other adjustments to accounts receivable.
• Communicate with the Sales Department, Field Managers, and other company personnel as appropriate to keep them informed of developments with accounts.
• Supervise Accounts Receivable and Collections personnel, manage, train, and develop staff to increase both the depth and breadth of their skills.
• Define and communicate clearly the expectations of each direct report and provide regular feedback to team members.
• Continuously improve departmental systems and procedures to enhance effectiveness, efficiency and responsiveness of operations.
• Perform other duties as requested.