Are you one of those people that is always looking for that next great invention? Do think of traveling internationally once a year as a perk? Then, you might be the perfect fit for this opportunity!
SUMMARY OF POSITION: Coordinate, source, prioritize, rationalize and develop new product ideas from inception in collaboration with Marketing, Sales and Purchasing to ensure a competitive, trend forward, and brand centric product line within assigned market channel. This position reports to the Director of Product Development.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES within each of the listed functions:
• Conduct research and analysis of market trends and customer needs and preferences to support the product development process and ensure product offerings are competitive and innovative in assigned market.
• Monitor, analyze and communicate intelligence on current products and processes and on competitor's product and processes.
• Develop new products and the improvement, modification or rationalization of current product (by Market Channel) to meet corporate strategy, goals, and cost parameters.
• Create, Prepare/ coordinate product drawings, schematics, and bills of material.
• Assist the Sales and Creative teams in implementing effective marketing and merchandising ideas related to printed materials, advertising, technical content, and packaging.
• Source product both import and domestic product.
• Complete ROI and Risk assessments for each product